Polyethylene Hard Armor Plates are manufactured using high-performance, high density polyethylene, resulting in a lightweight, durable hard armor plate ideal for maritime, rugged transport, and extended duty operations.
These plates are designed to achieve NIJ Level IIIA protection and is a “Stand Alone” plate. Stand Alone plates are designed and tested to defeat ballistic threats using the plate only.
No ballistic vest is required, as all the ballistic energy and fragments are stopped in the plate. These plates are usually reserved for tactical operations or anti-terrorist work where the ammunition threat is unknown, or if the wearing of a vest is considered too cumbersome.
- Size - 10.25" x 16.625"
- Weight - 1.5 lb.
- Thickness - 1/4" (.635 Cm)
- Curve - Flat
- Level IIIA (3a) stand alone, multi hit capable up to .44 mag and .357 Sig
- Excellent stopping power
- Positive buoyancy (floats) for maritime operations
- Vibration resistant
- Extremely durable Drop resistant Withstands extreme climates Moisture/salt water
- Sold individually not in pairs